google roll out changes based on data they collect online. They identified people leave websites that load slowly so wanted to make a better website viewing experience for people so indicated that websites need to load quickly.
we have a number of tools that we use to review the load speed of websites. One that Google has developed themselves.
There are a number of variables:
- depends on how the person built your website and the ‘theme’ in which your website was built.
- depends on the sizes of the images that was uploaded when building the website.
- depends on the hosting and where your website is hosted.
- depends on the number of images and galleries you have on your website.
- depends on the number of plugins you’re using on your website. Each time you update a plugin it can use more space on your website.
- we can optimise your images on your website and basically ‘compress’ your website.
- add tools to your website to help it load quickly.
- based on the variables above, the following can prevent the fast load speed:
- server response time (based on where the website is hosted).
- JS and CSS flies that can’t be compressed.
- scripts that might effect the performance of your website.
We charge $150 + GST to optimise a website for speed.
- we will check your speed each month as part of our seo processes and will let you know if it needs to be optimised again.
- typically we would let businesses know they need to consider optimisation quarterly. But this will depend on:
- your hosting and where your website is hosted.
- the theme of your website.
- JS and CSS that can’t be compressed.