Have you thought that the colours of your brand can have a powerful impact? Last time, we talked about how we are programmed to respond better to visual content, and visually, COLOUR has plays a major role in conveying meaning at both a conscious and subconscious level. So, what colour is your business?
Let’s have a look at some major players and their colours:
As you can see, the first thing that displays your branding colours, should be your Logo. When deciding on what colours to use, it’s handy to know what the common meanings that colours have. For example:
- Red is the colour of energy, passion, action, ambition and determination.
- Yellow is the colour of the mind and the intellect. It is optimistic and cheerful.
- Green is the colour of balance and growth. It can also mean self-reliance.
- Blue is the colour of trust and peace. It can suggest loyalty and integrity.
- Brown is a friendly yet serious, down-to-earth colour that relates to security, protection, comfort and material wealth.
Have you considered going through a branding workshop to help you critically think through the colours you would like to choose for your branding? Walking through this process will help you determine key attributes about your business, and finding the colours to suit them. A branding workshop covers elements such as:
- Who is your target market
- What key messages do you want to convey
- Your brand positioning based on your key needs
- Your brand persona
- Story telling elements
What do you want your business to be known for? How do you want to appear to your target market and what values do you stand for as a company? Your colours have a brand voice, a feeling, an attitude. It is a carefully considered process and your chosen branding will become part of you, how people recognise and remember your business. Take a look again at the Logos near the top through the lens of the meanings of colours. This is what those businesses have achieved.
After deciding on your colours, you need to think about other visual elements including shapes and fonts. This is where enlisting a good branding specialist is worth the investment. Your branding is more than just slapping some colourful shapes and letters together. It IS your brand, your story and everything your business stands for.
Here at Concept Designs and Marketing, our team of creative branding specialists not only have a keen eye for design, we also understand the importance of your branding. We can sit down and go through a branding workshop with you, help you find your colours, and create a logo that speaks your brand and makes an impact!
Contact us today.